Friday, March 21, 2008

I think I wore corduroy

for the last time today. It was still a little nippy outside, that is why I drug out my favorite pair of corduroy pants, they just felt so cozy. But the sun was shining and when I was out and about I felt a little silly sportin' my cords. Sigh...I love me a comfy pair of cords.

It truly was a glorious day. We did a little antiqueing. Spent lots of time on the wrap-around porch swinging in the porch swing and the rockers singing with thegranddaughters and throwing the dog his toy. The husband mowed the lawn for the first time in preparation for the Easter egg hunt on Sunday. All 3 grandprincesses are here and it is so exciting to have them all here for the first time.

I spent a little time out exploring in my gardens. The drought last year was really hard on my growing things. I did see lots of Day Lilies strutting their stuff. The
Peonies are seeking the sun too. I gathered a bunch of Catnip and sent it home to my son-in-law's cats. In just a matter of weeks, the Redbuds will be gracing us with their pink prettiness and the Dogwoods will be next. Southern Springs come early and leave far too soon. It's hard to believe, but soon we'll be waiting til evening to sit on the porch, fanning ourselves and longing for Autumn.

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

Just surfin' the blogs and stopped by for a visit!

Happy Easter!

Carolyn