Tuesday, March 4, 2008

scenes of home

 

 

 

 

A pretty quiet day. All rainy, blustery, and chilly outside, warm and cozy inside.

Scene 1: Hilary's profile with her new haircut. This little wedge cut makes her look more like her mother than ever. The older she gets, the more she favors her, even her eyes are taking on a gray cast like her mom's.

Scene 2. Hilary and her Aunt Peach baking Pillsbury pink bunny cookies.

Scene 3: The view from my porch. Winter (if you can call it that around here) slowly loosing its grasp on daily affairs as Spring blows in.

Scene 4: An Easter makes its appearance.


The prettiest scene of the day and one I don't have a picture of was the rosy-hued cheeks of my little red-haired Isabella as she slept in my lap this evening. Why do their little cheeks do that when they sleep? Her little hands opened and closed as she slept and I watched her throat move up and down nursing her pacifier. Red hair all messed up and sticking ever which way as she turned her head back and forth in her sleep. Little sighs. Feet sticking out from under her blanket thrown over her to ward off the drafts that the March wind was all but pounding through the walls of my old house, rattling windows and shaking trees. Loved it.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

G. B. Miller said...

So, did you take any pics of their FACES??? I wanna see faces. Hilary looks too grown up from the back.

Lucy said...

Lovie, I am sorry to bug you here but you posted on the Sassy Apron Swap about your aprons but you didn't leave your name, Could you please tell me who you are so I don't have to go back through 170 people's info to find who this blog link belongs to. :o)
Thanks

Vedrana M. said...

beautiful moments :)

Lovie said...

lucy, I am so sorry! i am just reading this! I have been submersed in the Smokey Mtn. Quiltfest this week and haven't checked my email. MY name is Cindy. Does that help you out! I will go to your site and post it there too.