Sunday, August 10, 2008

I am so bad, and a new kitchen toy

 

 

 

O.K., so this is just the plain ugly truth. I am really, really, really bad about letting this happen to my flowers. Gross and yuck! I don't know why I do this. Everytime I pass by, I think to myself, "Get rid of those dead flowers!" Hasn't happened yet tho. I'm thinking that revealing so a nasty thing might shame me into cleaning up my flower act. Probably not. And the really sad thing is, I have oodles and oodles of thriving flowers right out in my backyard that I could just go a replace this pitiful things with. It's hot and my garden flowers are bursting with petal-ly beauty right now. Tommorrow, I promise I'll do it tommorow.

New kitchen toy! My hairdresser is Mexican. One day while in for my cut and color she was making homemade tortillas for everyone's lunch. She let me sample them and boy oh boy, were they good! I haven't forgotten it and have been on the look-out for a tortilla press. Found one the other day at World Market. I also got a bag of the special corn flour you need. I made a practice batch today. Very simple and straight forward. And good! So tommorrow I am going to make a big batch of them, and then do up some stuff for tacos, some homemade salsa, fresh avocado...I wish it was tommorow night's dinnertime now!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yummers......=)