Sunday, August 3, 2008

Crafting and cleaning

that's why I'm not posting so much. I am trying to clean out my workspace. It is just about impossible to work in right now, it is so messy. Problem is, as I am cleaning, I get distracted so easily. I'll run across something I bought weeks ago and forgot I had or just plan lost it in the chaos, and I'll stop my cleaning to play with whatever I found. Happens over and over as I sort and trash stuff. All sorts of creative rabbit trails.

Just yesterday as I was cleaning, I stopped to try my hand at rolled fabric roses. Then I ran across some vintage crochet work and I had an idea to use it so I spent a good hour fooling around there, then I got the idea to put a really cute rub-on on a small wooden mirror my husband made years ago. Then I found some great old ribbon and wanted to put a bow on the mirror's handle and put it in one of my guest rooms, well you get the idea I think. No, I'm not usually ADD. Unless I'm cleaning my creative space.

I'll try to do better, but until I get this place cleaned up, I can't promise anything....

5 comments:

G. B. Miller said...

Sometimes cleaning your craft area can turn into lots of fun. Sounds like you had a pretty good time in there.

Sure am glad to see something new here, however. Big sis

Anonymous said...

you didnt find anymore of those clay buttons did you??

G. B. Miller said...

Ha! Ha!! LOL ROTFLMBO!!!

The "clay buttons" moment was priceless. I am so glad I was there to witness that one first hand.

Mary-Catherine said...

Oh my goodness! I'm so glad I was also in the room when you found those "clay buttons" just remembering watching you rolling them around in your hand and going "hmm, these are neat!" still makes me split a rib.

Kelly said...

I do the same thing- get distracted while I am suppose to be cleaning, but sometimes those are the best creative moments!!
Just wanted to stop by and say, Hello!!
Beautiful Blessings~Kelly Maria