Tuesday, August 19, 2008

The dog ate my homework

No, really, he did. Last week the ladies at the quilt shop decided to have a potluck lunch and my assignment was to bake my marvelous herb bread. Got it baked the night before, wrapped tightly and carelessly perched it near the edge of the kitchen counter. Now, I know better than that. But it was late and I was tired. Next morning the MOTH lets the dog out of his kennel in the back kitchen hall and heads to the shower. Jasper, troublesome sort that he is, spies the bread, grabs it and eats half of it. When I came downstairs I met a very happy dog with garlickly herb breath and a very waggy tail. I don't think the ladies at work are going to forgive him anytime soon. Can't say I blame them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can see him licking his chops!=)

Shelly G said...

I used to have a cat that would do sneaky things like that... I never knew when the fangs of terror would strike... but it would always be at the most inopportune times:)~