Wednesday, February 25, 2009

I think I am jinxed

when it comes to putting up a new post here. Seems everytime I want to write, something comes to distract me or prevent me from doing so. Like just now. I've been cleaning and sorta re-arranging stuff in my kitchen and what I thought was the perfect little floral thingy going on on my kitchen table. three white Gerbera daisies, each in a little vase all sitting atop my antique cake plate in he center of the table. Grabbed my laptop and set it on the table and when I did, the entire thing fell over making a huge wet mess. Luckily my laptop was spared, but I had to stop everything, clean up the mess and head to the basement with wet soppy towels and tablecloth.

Sigh...I don't really think I like to clean house anymore(no commenouts on the "anymore" please).I live in a 13 room house and it seems like all I do is clean the same 3 rooms over and over. There are only two of us living here not counting the dog and I don't see how we can make such messes.

The diet is going well. Although, I have to admit, the past 2 weeks have been hard. For some reason, I am really much hungrier now than I was when I first started. But I've lost 10 pounds! Hot dawg!

I try not to deny myself everything I love all the time. I would definitly be doomed to failure if I did. I just plan ahead and eat accordingly. Like tonight. I am having a serious crave for BBQ. You can't seperate a Southern girl from her BBQ-ed pork for too long. Things could get ugly. I once cracked one of my friends up by confessing to her that when I read the Old Testament and it is describing all those burnt offerings going up to God, I start to crave BBQ. All the those poor critters being offered up for the Israelites' transgressions and I'm thinking to myself, 'Where's the BBQ sauce and the cole slaw guys?' So tonight, I am treating myself to a little burnt offering Southern style.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Do you mind if I quote a couple of your posts as long as I provide credit and sources
back to your site? My blog is in the exact same area
of interest as yours and my visitors would definitely benefit from
some of the information you present here. Please let me know if this alright with you.

Thank you!

Also visit my webpage: self esteem quotes