Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Rosemary in the snow

I gathered fresh Rosemary in the snow! It has snowed here off and on for 3 days and I couldn't be happier about it. Not a huge amount but enough to satisfy the winter lover in me. Sunday it was in the 60's and we were out hiking and by Monday it was snowing. Tonight it is supposed to be 11 degrees for the low. Southern winters!

The Rosemary was for herb crusted lamb chops. Oh boy! They were so good! Rosemary, Sage and Parsley all chopped up and rubbed into and onto the chops and then cooked to medium rare. What's not to love there? I also braised cabbage in white wine and bacon and we had a feast.

NEWSFLASH! We may be having a baby tonight! A grandbaby that is. I am sitting up waiting on a telephone call. I should be in bed asleep just in case I have to go to work tomorrow instead of go to a birthin' but I'm too excited to sleep. So I am going all over the house, packing stuff up and trying to not forget anything. Maybe tommorow there will be pictures of Max here!

2 comments:

G. B. Miller said...

Can't wait to see pics of Max!! Hope to get a "we're on the road" phone call from you today. =)

Shine said...

Know he's here! Can't wait to see him!! And by the way, you diet dinners sound much better than mine. Maybe that's why I can't lose any weight! Can I come to you house for a diet???