Thursday, September 6, 2007

Atumnal Decor

 

O.K. I just tried to post several pictures for this one post, but it didn't work. Nothing like learning something new right out there in front of everyone!

It's still as hot as blueblazes here, so I thought I would keep hope alive in my heart for Autumn days by putting out some fall decorations. I keep telling myself that one day my world will be colored orange, red, and yellow, the air will have that earthy fall scent and I will need a sweater when I venture out. I haven't put out a lot of stuff. I am tired of a lot of my decorations and want new things. I bought some feather boas at Hobby Lobby in fall colors and I am going to make candles rings with those. I will put the canles in hurricane globes.

Every year I look forward to the persimmon tree that grows in the barnlot of the farm down the road. Those orange fruits look like little pumpkins hanging from a tree. I just realized today that they have cut it down. I was so disappointed. Someday I want a persimmon tree of my very own. One postive sign of fall I have seen is the ducks flying over in their "V" pattern making all kinds of honky noises exciting the already excited Jasper the dog.

And I don't care what the temperture outside is, I am going to start cooking some of my favorite fall recipes. Butternut Squash Risotto anyone?
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey if your tired of your decoratinos you can always give them to me...;) B.

Anonymous said...

NO!! Me, Me!! I bet if I drove allll the way to E. TN, she would give them ME. :)

Yore big sistah (but not as big she wuz)