Saturday, September 8, 2007

Guess Where I've Been and Guess What I Had?

 

Last night we took granddaughter Hilary to the county fair. It's a small town fair but to Hilary it was all lights, music, and thrilling rides. The rest of us looked at it with a jaded eye. To the grown-ups it all looked rather, tired,old and sad. And unsafe. I have to admit, I was able to overlook these things when it was time to eat. I had lemonade, cottoncandy, a corndog, a funnelcake, and a stomachache.

We chose a few kiddy rides that looked o.k. and let Hilary ride these over and over. This was fine until she spotted a rusty, rickety old ferris wheel and could not be consoled when she was told she couldn't ride it even if granddaddy rode with her. My daughter and I had turned our attention to the cottoncandy and did not notice the two of them disappear. When we did, we began to scan the skyline hoping we wouldn't see them dangling from the sky on this deathtrap. We didn't. Suddenly Hilary's pop says, "Look!" It seems Granddaddy had distracted her from her disappointment with a potato sack and a very rickety old giant slide instead. Just as we turned, we saw my husband's silvery hair streaking groundward accompanied by the Hilary's shreaks of pure joy.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, WOW!!! How fun!!! I absolutely LOVE this post, blogger sister. Especially, the photo of H. on the ride. Oh, WOW!! You HAVE to scrap this event. Maybe a little mini-album??

#1 Sis

Vedrana M. said...

cool photo, goes great with your blog :)
i'll be sending you some of my fave things for the september swap so as i couldn't find your email please contact me : violetmetamorphosis@gmail.com