Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Virginia is for lovers and I love Virginia

for several reasons. Number one, I have two sweet, sweet granddaughters living there, so as often as I can I gas up the car several times and leave TN behind and head north. In about 8 hrs. I am in grandmother heaven holding my two little princesses.

Thanks to the internet, I've made a wonderful new friend who also lives in Virginia. We've managed to meet twice and both times it has been so much fun. She's a real sweetie.

Virginia is a must-see state for the history lover too. We always try to see something historical on every visit. We've done D.C. twice and are now exploring some outlying areas. Fredericksburg just reeks with our country's history. Right now it is my favorite town.

And I do believe the friendliest people of all live in Virginia. Being from Tennessee I am used to friendly people. My sister was with me on my most recent trip and we had episodes of these kindly people doing small good deeds for us. You know, the kind of thing that just leaves you feeling so good? Not to mention the fact that even tho they don't know you, they talk your ear off while waiting in the grocery store line or for your morning cup of Starbucks. Yep, they are a friendly lot. I can't wait to head up there again. For a lot of reasons.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have to 2nd all that my sis said about Virginia. Although, if *some* of our "party" hadn't been such late sleepers, we could have seen a LOT more of Virginia. :) Big Sis

Vedrana M. said...

beautiful :) i must visit one day!