Saturday, April 12, 2008

happy birthday Louie?

 

 

 
o.K., so yesterday was my 50th birthday. I find that absolutely hysterical. I CANNOT be 50! I still like to bake cakes in my Suzy Homemaker Oven. If it should snow, I would be the first one flying down the hill on the sled, I LOVE a good story book. I still like dolls, and I like to eat "kid" candy. You know, stuff like Laffy Taffy and Tootsie Rolls, oh, and sour candy. I love sour candy.

But, yes, I AM 50. And yesterday I celebrated the fact with some of my favorite people. The funniest thing was my cake. My granddaughter Hilary chose it for me. She made sure that it said "Happy Birthday Lovie" because that is what she
christened me a few years ago. But when my daughter, Hilary's mother, went to pick it up it said, "Happy Birthday LOUIE".Oh my goodness! We all got such a kick out of it! It was worth every penny my daughter paid for the mistake. All evening everyone called me "Louie" My daughter said it sounded like a gangster's cake.

See my presents? I love them all. J.Jill is one of my faves so I cannot wait to use the gift card from their store. That will take all of 15 minutes I am sure. The other boxes contain something I have hankered for and just wouldn't buy: everything for creme brulee! The torch is awesome! i think I will be trying it very soon. As in this week.

There's nothing better than extending the birthday joy over several day's time. Today, protruding from my mailbox was a box from my friend Amy at Inspire Co. If you have never visited her website, you simply must. Without any doubt she is the giftfairy herself just as her website proclaims. I could barely contain myself as I opened up the box from Amy. Inside was a tower of gifts discribing how I stay young. Each box had a little gift representing a secret to youth. Things like "She has a sweet tooth" Inside was some sour jawbreakers. I do love sour candy. Another box said, "She celebrates her birthday all month long" Inside was the sweetest little pin. It went on and on like that for 13 gifts. Even now, hours later, they are still spread over my dining room table. I plan to keep each little typed "secret" to look at for the days when I don't feel so young.

All in all, I think turning 50 was a pretty grand thing. I'm still young enough to be young and just old enough to get the Senior Citizens' discount at the grocery.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Becky said...

Happy Birthday!!!
Sounds like you are having a wondrful time. Wishing you many more to come.
Hugs and Love