Wednesday, April 30, 2008

New toy

 

Wow, can't believe it has been a week since I last posted. I have been busy reading about compost, cuz, well compost happens...I bought a book and have reading and learning all about composting, because I want to do it right you know? Now I am more confused than ever. Actually, I wasn't confused before I read the book. I just thought you put gunk in there and voila! rich black compost.The author does go on to reassure that just about anything you put in the black box will turn into compost. So I've dumped in weeds, and grass, and scraps, and dirt-maybe I need to get a life?

Speaking of life, my little bush beans are sprouting! It always amazes me to see those delicate little stems shoving heavy soil out of the way as they seek the sun and its warmth. Most of my other plants are doing well also. Except my Petunias. They look a little puny. I have to have Petunias, I love Petunias and the way they smell. Someone should formulate a perfume that has a Petunia base.

This blog writer is in a bad mood. I had to go shopping today for an outfit to wear to a big shindig at the MOTH's (M-O-T-H stands for man of the house)place of work. Shopping almost always leaves me in a foul mood. The body just isn't what it used to be and trying on clothes just serves to remind me of that fact. Unless I'm shopping for shoes, the feet are the last to go. The rest of me may expand, but the feet stay pretty much the same size.

I always come home from shopping grumpy and determined to go on a diet. And, of course, what do I do when I get home? Grab a bag of salad crutons and eat the whole thing. Not good. At least I washed them down with diet Coke. So now I'm fat, grumpy, and have really bad garlic breath.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Mary-Catherine said...

Mmm...tasty cakesh

Bebe said...

Hi Lovie,

Yes, it's true...compost does happen! :) I have a large compost pile out in my backyard. I put in chopped up leaves and grass clippings from the mower, plus kitchen scraps from vegetables (peelings, garlic and onion skins, wilty lettuce). They say not to put in dairy products (like cheese or milk) or meats. Egg shells are okay, though. I have to turn my pile about once a month so that it is heating up and breaking down evenly. It takes a while for it to make that beautiful black gold!

Thanks for telling me about the herb farm ~ I've bookmarked their site and will go back over there to make up my order soon!

Keep your head up, girl! You are doing okay. Clothes shopping can be a pain in the behind, sometimes. It could have been worse...it could have been a beach or pool party where a bathing suit was the required dress! Now, that would have fun!! (Not!) :)

Hugs,
Bebe :)