Tuesday, April 22, 2008

spreading the birthday joy

 

 

Well, my OLDEST sister has come up with novel way to celebrate her YOUNGER sister turning 50. And I must say, I am thoroughly enjoying what the old girl came up with. Everyday since last Friday she has been mailing me a little something. Lots of times the theme is "50" Today's, for instance, was the fantastic vintage songbook. When I opened it, I was so captivated by the illustrations and the songs that it completely went over my hoary old head that the book was titled "50 Songs for Children". I am spending some quality time with my 5 year old granddaughter Thursday and it is my plan to sing everyone that I know the tune for. That would be about 45 of them. Fun huh?

The same day I got the book, I also received this little packet of Morning Glory seeds from her. I thought she was making reference, in a tongue in cheek way, to my sleeping habits. I AM NOT a Morning Glory. Rarely see it. I AM a MoonFlower, however. I work late and sleep late. It's always worked for me. I should be an all night securtiy gaurd or a stocker at Wal-Mart. So anyway, the seeds are soaking in anticipation of being planted tomorrow, altho I will probably never see them.

I am going to spread the birthday joy in my own way at work Thursday. Another gal I work with also has an April bday so I am making chicken salad to serve on croisannts and a coupld of kinds of cookies. I think maybe green tea shortbread and Madelines. In a super cute cookbook the big sis also gave me I found a recipe for strawberry tea that sounds so delish that I think I will make that too. Everyone will be so surprised.

So thanks, Sis, for all the birthday joy!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

G. B. Miller said...

You're VERY welcome. I'm having fun. And it ain't over! :) Big Sis

Kristina Plaas said...

Add me to the not-likely-to-see-morning-glories-bloom crowd! But I did mange to track down your blog again after losing most of my links in my Blog remodeling disaster. I think we need to celebrate your big 50 at the Yarn Haven! Call me (we're in the phone book, so it's easy) so we can set a date as I don't have any of your ###s. Next week is good...except Tuesday :-)

ps. I'm missing MC and baby Bella too :-(