Thursday, May 1, 2008

morning glory

Not the flower just the morning. I don't see early morn that often (I'm more the Moon Flower type), but I sure was glad I saw this one. It was one of those mornings when everything goes great. I slept well, so I felt great, I knew what I was wearing to work so no hassles there and I had a chilled Diet Coke waitin' for me in the fridge. I took the dog out and there was the glory. All the trees have leafed out and this morning there was heavy dew on everything. The green was so brilliant that it looked as tho the trees were dripping emeralds.

Got to Starbucks and as I was sitting there savoring my half&half enriched jolt of caffiene, I suddenly had the nagging feeling I had left my flat iron on in the bathroom on a stack of bathtowels. Oh brother! I had to retrace my 12 mile trip back home. I got there and guess what? The flat iron was off. Well shoot! I refused it let it ruin my perfect morning. Got to work just a little late which was not a problem and the day was great. We always have so much and laugh so much that customers sometimes tell us we are having far too much fun for people who are supposed to be working.

We are now in the midst of a cool, cloudy evening. I just watered my little baby beans and gave them a pep talk. My strawberries are blooming and I have some berries that will soon be showing their redheads to me-perfect for a scone, some cream and a cup of tea.

And now the end to the perfect day. Last night the MOTH and I watched a show on the Sundance channel about a biodynamic vineyard. He is very curious about growing grapes and hopes to someday have a small vineyard. So today he found a wine shop that carried the wine featured on the program and we are heading to the front porch to try it out.

Life-when it's good it's good.

2 comments:

G. B. Miller said...

You Aunt Mac and sister Bobbie would be right proud of your writing talent. Wish I had gotten those genes. Glad you had a rare perfect day. Hoping Sat. will be better than you are anticipating. :) Big Sis

Pamela Jane said...

Who wouldn't love such a generously good day! And thanks for the delish strawberry tea recipe (minus the sugar for me) -- very tasty. Happy belated Birthday!