Thursday, May 29, 2008

this little piggy went ow, ow, ow

 

all the way to the ER! Early of a morning I am not exactly the sharpest tool in the shed and this morning it proved detrimental to one of my extremities. Today was my day to work at the quilt shop so I was up bright and early. I left ourroom and crossed the hall the the darkened bedroom across the hall where my clothes were laid out ready for me to jump into. that was when my little pinky toe on my left foot made contact with a flip-flop that was against the wall. The only thing that moved in this collision was my little piggy. OW! Did it hurt. Immediately a funny numb/burning sensation shot through my foot. I was sure it was broken. I couldn't put any weight on it and it was all floppy.

Resigned, I grabbed a good book and headed to the ER. By the way, if you need to go the ER, early weekday mornings are a good time. There was only one person ahead of me. The entire process only took about an hour. Xrays say I am suffering from a contusion. That's a fancy bruise. I am not so sure. Not that it matters. Whether broken or severely bruised the treatment is the same. They use the buddy system. The injured toe is taped to the toe next to it so that it acts as a splint. I was told to keep it elevated and ice. So noquilt shop for me today. Puh. My poor little toe is a study in technicolor and I am limping about.

My one consolation: I am going to go through all my herb books and see what I can come up with to help my little piggy get better so it can go to market...
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

G. B. Miller said...

"I can't believe you went to the ER for a floppy toe", she said in Bis Sister disdain. I've had a few of those. There's nothing they can do.But I can understand you staying home from work, because they hurt like the dickens!

I guess it's kind of hard to keep your foot up and sew. Unless you're making yo-yos. :)

G. B. Miller said...

Would love to see a more 'colorful' photo of the toe. :)

Gannet Girl said...

Hey, thanks for coming by!

My experiences last winter tell me contusions and sprains are worse than breaks. Nothing they can do and the pain is excruciating. Hope it heals VERY quickly.

Bebe said...

Hi Lovie,
Awww, I'm so sorry about your injured tootsie! I hope it gets to feeling better soon. People scoff about toe injuries, but when you can't walk on it; it is not funny! I can completely sympathise with you ~ I did the same thing a couple of years ago against a 5 gallon water jug. Not happy!!
Just had a peek at your cabinets and they look great! You did an excellent job fixing them up! :)
(((HUGS))), Bebe :)

Anonymous said...

Owie! I empathize! I hope it heals soon.