Tuesday, June 10, 2008

gr....hopefully 3's a charm

 

I am so frustrated with Blogger right now. I have written out long posts 3 times now and each time, it has all disappeared into cyberspace. Very aggravating let me tell 'ya. So here goes again.

See this cute little ensemble? That's for my 5 year old granddaughter. The pattern is from a book of Japanese children's wear and I am loving everything in it. You can't tell from my picture, but the pants have a real Asian cut to them. They are made from pink linen to match the flamingoes in the top. The top is kinda long-maybe knee length. The whole thing is so over the top cute on my girl. I think I will make more. I may make some to sell on my friend Amy's site Inspireco next spring because...

Amy has asked me to be in her online zine at ther website!!! Wow, I am so excited and a little nervous that what I make may not sell. I want it to do well for her sake. As for me, if it doesn't sell, I have plenty of little chickies that would take it in a hearbeat. Amy features a different artist (no I'm NOT an artist, but most of the people she features are. I just couldn't think of another word to use) every two weeks. They get to sell their wares during that time and also provide an easy to do project for her readers. Have no idea what I will do in that department.

It's so hot here! And gas is pricey! So I am hunkered down in the house, doing laundry, cooking, and cleaning . In between I am sewing and knitting lots of little delectablbe wearables for some delectable little girls in my life. Can't wait to finish some of it and show everyone. In the evenings when it cools off some, I go out to do a little poking about in my little garden patches that are here and there in my yard. Last night we had our first broccoli from my garden! I get so excited over stuff like that. "I grew this" I'm thinking the entire time I am preparing it and eating it. So fun.

Thunder! It has started to thunder here so that means I've got to unplug the computer because bad weather can really mess my dial-up big time. Hopefully, there will be some rain to go with that thunder.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

G. B. Miller said...

The little outfit is adorable!! Can't wait to see more. You're little princesses will be so cute wearing their made by "Lovie" outfits.
Big Sis

Anonymous said...

hilary ha her own personal seamstress. b =)