Sunday, June 15, 2008

There is nothing

really blog worthy happening around here, but I need to try and post at least a couple of times a week, or I feel guilty. Blog Guilt just what I need.

We had a quiet Father's Day. Our youngest called with well wished and tommorow night our middle daughter and her family is taking us out to dinner. I gifted the MOTH with a hefty gift card to one of his favorite stores, so he was a happy camper.

I think I may be harvesting beans later in the week from my little bean patch! They are growing so fast you can almost watch 'em do it. And this evening I cut a huge bundle of lavender from my bush. I want to make some lavender wands if I can scrounge up some narrow ribbon from my stash.

Yesterday I bought gorgeous red and white fabric to have a wing chair that has seen better days recovered. It will look so pretty, perky, and cottagey when done.

The week ahead may contain a short roadtrip, not sure. That will break up the routine somewhat. I stay home much more than usual with the gas prices being what they are, so it will be nice to get out and about. Plus I will be visiting my sister and we always find ways to entertain ourselves. And so the summer begins it long, steamy, slow-paced march. Days sometimes broken by sudden rainstorms that leave everything a little greener and the air perfumed with that earthy aroma of dirt-splashed plants and revived grass blades. It is not my favorite season, but it helps me appreciate and look forward to my much-loved Autumn. For now, I'm sitting in the air conditioning and looking ahead to September.

1 comment:

G. B. Miller said...

Wooo Hoooo!! Hopefully, a visit soon!

Enjoyed your last paragraph describing our 'un-favorite' time of year. That's Aunt Mac and Sis Bobbie coming out in you. :P.

Big Sis