Saturday, August 11, 2007

Jasper

I swear there must be a sign outside my house that says "Sucker lives here". It's only visable to stray dogs and cats in need of a home. My husband and I were sitting on our front porch last week when we heard a persistant "yip! yip". Across the road prancing about was this black puppy. Of course, I called to him and of course, he came running. The first thing I said as he dashed my direction was, "You little jasper! Where did you come from?" Solid black and all legs, he looks to be a Lab with a good dash of hound thrown in. His feet are huge and webbed and he delights in water from any source. I really don't need a dog I tell myself as I buy puppy food, bones and a collar. I really don't need a puppy I tell myself as I stop at the vet for flea medication. I really don't need a puppy I tell myself as I bathe him and rub him down. I really don't need a puppy as he falls asleep in my lap. I guess I really need a puppy I tell myself as I make an appointment for shots and a check-up.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

amy said...

Hello, sweet friend! Look at you with your very own blog...and pictures! You rock! And lucky Jasper to have found YOU as his new owner!

Anonymous said...

Hey Cindy,

Psst, I guess you need a puppy! :) LOL

~Pamela~

Classroomfree said...

Oh what a cute little fella!

Anonymous said...

why couldn't he have shown up when we were kids?

Lovie said...

sorry Kel! I don't know. You know what they say Honey, "Timing is everything"....Mom

Lass said...

He's a cutie!!

*found through Blogger Profile Interest: quilting*