Tuesday, July 8, 2008

before and after

 

 

This lamp was in my kitchen and I was just tired of the old dark look of it. So I changed it drastically! I spray painted it with Krylon Ballet Slipper and then needed to do something with the shade. I had this old vintage pillowcase that was in pretty bad shape but I loved the hem on it. So I cut it off about 10" above the hem, made a casing and ran ribbon through it. Voila! My new lamp. And no the tiny holes in the pillowcase don't bother me. I don't want anyone to think I didn't see them or something. I don't know where I will put this. Right now, it is in the kitchen. My favorite tablecloth has a little pink in it, so I may just leave it where it is. I am so much happier with it!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Kelly said...

I KNOW I am commenting again!!
Hope that is okay???
Just wanted to tell you , that I looooove the lamp! Very very nice!
Like the blog above this one of your garden's "bounty"
You really do have a very nice blog!
Beautiful Blessings~ Kelly Maria

G. B. Miller said...

Like the lamp! I think it should go in "my" bedroom for a reading lamp. Well, at least when I'm paying a visit. :) Big Sis