Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Autumn's Up!

 

 

 

I've got all my fall decorations up and am really pleased wtih how it all looks. I love my dining room mantle especially. the floral arrangement was done by my decorating extroidenaire friend as was the cute crow on the shutter in my kitchen. I made the "thankful" plaque hanging over the mantle. It was super easy. I bought a large package of "grungeboard" by Tim Holtz at the scrapbook store. There are 8 different fonts in 8 sizes in the pack. Good deal! I used the biggest font and glued them to my scrapbook paper covered board. I used the ModgePodge to adhere the paper to the board. (I primed it first with paint). Then I used Tacky glue to stick the letters down. Oh and I painted the letters white and then put on a coat of pearlized white. Add a sawtooth hanger and voila! I only have one other thing I want to do. I have a very ornate cut glass punch bowl in the middle of my kitchen table that is sitting inside a beautiful wreath of autumn leaves. I want to fill it with water and add floating candles but I can't find any. See them all the time when I am not looking for them. Anyone know where I can get some?
Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Mary-Catherine said...

Ooh! it looks so purty! I love the shutter, where did you find that treasure? I have all of mine up too, maybe I should snap a few picturoonies...I really need to get myself some of those letters! I searched the Ben Franklins last night and when I asked them if they had chitboard letters they led me to a cut-it-yourself- cardstock cutter and told me to buy cardstock and cut them myself. Oh dear.

Anonymous said...

you put my decorating to shame,:)

-Kelli

G. B. Miller said...

Gorgeous!!

Vedrana M. said...

looks beautiful! :)

Vedrana M. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Vedrana M. said...

looks beautiful! :)

Kelly said...

So very pretty!

Came by to invite you to my Autumn Give away. Just come by and sign up.

Beautiful Blessings~Kelly Maria

Kelly said...

I just wanted to take a moment and thank you for entering my little Autumn giveaway. I also need to tell you something.................
YOU HAVE WON!!!!

If you could kindly send me an email to - virtuesoftheheart@juno.com
with your mailing address, then I I can send your new autumn treaures your way.

Thanks again for entering, hope you enjoy!!
Beautiful Blessing~Kelly Maria

Anonymous said...

I love your decorating! I, for the first time this year have done fall decorations! :) Maybe I should take some pictures... it's not much, but I like what I've done.

Maybe you can find floating candles at Michaels?