Monday, September 29, 2008

how cool!

 

wow! This evening I watched a Moonflower open into full bloom. i just love Moonflowers. They look sorta like giant white Morning Glories and bloom at the oppisite time of Morning Glories. Maybe that is why I like them so, for I am definlitly NOT a Morning Glory. Just like a Moon Flower, I come alive in the evening and scurry about doing all kinds of things.

But back to the flower. I was outside filling my bird feeders when I noticed a bloom getting ready to go into action. So I just stood there and watched. First there was a little split along a petal and then ever so slowly it puffed up and a little star-shaped opening appeared at the tip. The frangrance from a Moon Flower is very, very subtle and just before the flower I was watching burst into full bloom, it gave a little puff of fragrance and there it was! Beautiful, pure white with a star shape in the center and a good 6 inches across, it was worth all the mosquito buzzings and bites that I got as I waited.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

G. B. Miller said...

WOW! That is cool! Maybe I'll get a chance to see that for myself next week. ;)