Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Lots of fun things have been going on

 

 

 

around here lately. Fall just gets me so busy! Last week my friend Theresa, aka "decorating extroidinare friend" came over for a day of sewing. There were supposed to be 3 of us but one couldn't make it, but I still called it my "sewing circle". All week I went around saying to myself, " I need to tidy up for my sewing circle, I need to cook for my sewing circle, I need to", well you get the idea. It just sounded so old-fashioned and so PRODUCTIVE.

It did end up being productive. We sewed all day while an early fall rain made everything so cozy and snug. We broke for a lunch of homemade pimento cheese sandwiches and a chaser of homemade cream of tomato soup. Somewhere along the way a pot of tea was thrown in too. At the end of the day we both had a quilt top pretty much finished. We were making the same pattern using the same fabrics but they still managed to have our own stamp on them. A few finishing rounds and they will be ready to pack up and send to the quilter!

I'm sure once we have them back we will be so proud of them and every time we throw those quilts on our lap not only the quilt but the good memory attached to them warm us heart and soul.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

can i join for the food?? =)B.

Ellen said...

Beautiful quilt top!!

Ya'll are fun folks. Wish I could join you.

Anonymous said...

Just goes to prove that you only need two good, creative friends to make a sewing "circle". :)