Monday, October 20, 2008

I'm pretty sure it's not santa claus...

 

i just went outside to check my mailbox. As I was walking up the hill back to the house I happened to glance up at my roof and there on the chimney was a HUMONGUOUS bird! I ran inside to grab my camera hoping he wouldn't fly away before I could get back out. Luckily, he accomadated me.

I snapped dozens of pics and this was the best I could get. My house is 3 stories tall so even on zoom this was the best I could do. I am just glad this is not the chimney we use. Sure would hate to have roasted big black bird one evening if he fell in while we were enjoying a fire in the fireplace.

Good thing I am not superstitous cause this looks like the perfect bad omen. Big black bird perched on your chimney.
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

thats creepy!

Anonymous said...

well, I am superstitious. Do you know what a black bird on a chimney means?? oowee, oowee, oooweeeeeee.... That is creepy BTW. -K

G. B. Miller said...

How strange!! Have you tried to identify it with a bird book or something? Sure would be curious to know what it is.

Anonymous said...

That looks like a Turkey Vulture... do you have those in your area?

Anonymous said...

it actually looks like that buzzard thing from the movie Jeepers Creepers. -K

Gannet Girl said...

That is too funny!

It's a turkey vulture -- more commonly known as a buzzard. Or I guess, where you are, it might be a black vulture.

Kelly said...

Hi!!
Just came by to say, You have been "TAGGED"!! All you have to do is list 6 things about yourself, and then tag 6 other people!!
Beautiful Blessings to you!! ~ Kelly Maria