Wednesday, October 1, 2008

nap, interrupted

O.K. so night before last, I did not sleep well at all. After dragging around all morning I decided a nap was in order. Soon I was blissfully tucked in, covers piled on, and fan blowing cold air at me.

I had probably been asleep about 2o minutes when suddenly I became aware of a noise. It was kind of growly, rumbling, throbbing, and very loud. I kept trying to wake up to investigate and when I finally did to my chagrin, I discovered the noise was coming from me! Even those I was alone I was embarrassed! I really thought the MOTH was making it up when he said I snored.

No wonder Jasper, who was in the room with me, wouldn't settle down. I was aware of his pacing and prowling even as I slept. After waking myself up in such a nasty way, I peeled off my p.j.'s and climed back into the clothes I had been wearing. Glancing in the mirror I noticed what I thought was a piece of pink trash or something perched on the bosom of my favorite black t-shirt. Glancing down, I was aggravated to discover what had kept Jassper so busy as he indured my noisy sleep. He had chewed a large hole in a very strategic place on my shirt. Talk about revenge. That will teach me to throw my clothes in the floor maybe. I just hope the MOTH doesn't follow Jasper's lead and start eating my clothes in retaliaion for my noisy sleep "songs"

1 comment:

G. B. Miller said...

Ha! Ha! "Jasper's Revenge". Very funny!