Tuesday, November 6, 2007

the baby in the

picture in the previous post leaves tommorrow along with her parents for Hawaii. All day they have been packing and repacking their luggage and bringing it downstairs. Tonight the saddest sound in the world to me is the sound that suitcase wheels make as they are pulled across a floor.

Not really sure when we will see Isabella again. Maybe not until June. All day I have been breathing in the scent of her skin and hair and rubbing her little red head and trying to memorize the satiny feel of her skin. She is like a magnet to this grandmother's heart. Everytime I walk away from her I have to turn around and return to those little wide open mouth kisses she has just learned to give. Nothing is sweeter than her little hands going to my face patting and grabbing at my nose and hair. I want to remember those fat little legs and they way they are always circling in the air. If you could fasten her to a tricycle, she could go around the world I think. They only stop when she is asleep.

We gave her parents an early Christmas present-a digital camcorder. I want the everyday recorded and sent to me. Bathtime, lunchtime, it really doesn't matter. I'll watch it over and over until the next installment arrives. For now, it will have to do.

Stinkin' ol' Navy. Stinkin' ol' Hawaii

2 comments:

amy said...

Oh, my sweet friend! I'm so, so sad that your little Isabella has to go live so very far away from you. I'm thinking of you...hoping you see her again before June, for Heaven's sake!

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei seu blog pelo google está bem interessante gostei desse post. Gostaria de falar sobre o CresceNet. O CresceNet é um provedor de internet discada que remunera seus usuários pelo tempo conectado. Exatamente isso que você leu, estão pagando para você conectar. O provedor paga 20 centavos por hora de conexão discada com ligação local para mais de 2100 cidades do Brasil. O CresceNet tem um acelerador de conexão, que deixa sua conexão até 10 vezes mais rápida. Quem utiliza banda larga pode lucrar também, basta se cadastrar no CresceNet e quando for dormir conectar por discada, é possível pagar a ADSL só com o dinheiro da discada. Nos horários de minuto único o gasto com telefone é mínimo e a remuneração do CresceNet generosa. Se você quiser linkar o Cresce.Net(www.provedorcrescenet.com) no seu blog eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso. If is possible add the CresceNet(www.provedorcrescenet.com) in your blogroll, I thank. Good bye friend.