Thursday, November 1, 2007

Interview with a big black dog

 

Hi! I'm Jasper, and Tipper, canine friend of Gannet Girl over at Search the Sea has offered to interview me! I am so excited! But then, I am always excited! Life's too short not to be! This should be fun!

1. What kind of dog are you?

From all looks and appearances, I am a Black Lab! At least that is what the vet said when my new mom took me in for
shots. I have webbed feet, a very nice tail, sleek black fur, a very playful nature, and love the water. I love water
so much that I try to splash it all out of my water bowl.

2. How did you find your way to your family?

Boy, was that my lucky day! Started out bad though. My first few weeks are sorta' fuzzy, but whoever I lived with
didn't want me, so they carried me away and left me at a bubbling spring set in a forest. At first, I felt pretty
optimistic about things, I mean I had water! And the forest was beautiful but after a while my tummy started to
growl and my paws hurt from all the rocks at the foot of the spring. Then I looked up. There on a knoll right
across the lane, was a big white farmhouse. Sitting in a porch swing with a glass of wine was a blonde (I don't
think it's natural) lady and across from her in a rocker was a man with white hair (it IS natural). The best part
was a sign above the front door, invisible to humans that blinked "Sucker lives here; all four-legged creatures
welcome". Well, maybe I was only 6 weeks old but I wasn't stupid. I gave it my best shot and started in with my
cutest puppy yip. The blonde lady was on her feet immediately, coming to the driveway and calling to me. My heart
swelling with joy, I ran to her and her first words were, "Well, who are you? You little jasper!" I knew I had
her then and there. I've been Jasper ever since. She usually calls me Jasper the exicted dog.

3. What is your favorite thing to do on a fall afternoon?

Oh gee! That's a tough one! I find rolling in the leaves delightful, but probably my favorite thing to do on a fall
day is my favorite thing to do everyday. That is annoying Willard the big gray cat. I really just want him to play
with me, but you know cats! He gets all huffy and puffy and mutters under his breath something that sounds like
"tutoring" and how he can't wait til I make a little visit to Fix-A-Pet. I don't need fixing! I'm not broken!

4 I like cheese, I think all dogs like cheese. What about you?
Never had it. At least I don't think I have. Is that those delectable little things you find in cats' litter boxes?
If so, love, love it. Gives you killer breath though. Cracker are good too. The man with white hair sneaks me one
at night when he is having one.

5. I know your mom loves to read. Do you have a favorite book?

She's always reading. If she doesn't have a book, she just gets on her computer and reads stuff. My favorite book?
I guess it would be "At Home in Mitford" because in a way me and my new mom's lives sorta parallel Father Tim's and
his big black dog's lives. I mean, here was this person not wanting or looking for a dog and along comes this dog
who has chosen his new owner and he will not take "no" for an answer. Yeah, that's my favorite book.

Hey Tipper! This was fun! Any four-leggeds out there want to be interviewed by me, Jasper? If so, here are the rules

1. If you are interested in being interviewed, leave a comment here on my mom's blog saying interview me.

2. I will respond by posting five questions. I get to pick the questions. Yippe!

3. You will update your blog with a post with your answers to the questions.

4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.

5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Gannet Girl said...

Jasper, you were a very lucky dog! And you still are!

Now I think we should get together and finish off those cinamon rolls your human made!

Your friend,
Tipper the Dog