Sunday, November 25, 2007

First Christmas decoration of the year.

 

My granddaughter Hilary inspired this. She had given me the little box the house is sitting on. She painted it and filled it with little bits that seemed important to her-scraps of paper she had written and a tiny little drawstring bag. I liked the antique color she had chosen so I covered a little cardboard house from A.C. Moore with some papers that matched and glued it to the box. Then I covered the whole thing with Mica. The Mica was in big chunks, so I put it in an old coffee grinder and Voila! perfect. The little trees with the house were green, but I bleached them and dyed one of them red with Rit dye. The larger tree beside the box is from Martha Stewart's collection at K-Mart.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Vedrana M. said...

how nice, it looks beautiful

Mary-Catherine said...

I got away with it. I stole one! put it the bag with all my toiletries! :)

pinkroses said...

brilliant idea with the trees and bleach...I just bought some new green trees and tried to spray paint them-it didn't work out well...I'm going to try bleach tomorrow! Thanks!