Friday, November 9, 2007

thanksgiving-less than 2 weeks!

I can't believe Thanksgiving is so close! I am looking forward to it and have most of my menu planned and have started filling the pantry. Today I ordered my turkey. I wanted a fresh one because I am going to try brining it this time. I hear that is very good when prepared that way. I also bought my fresh cranberries.

I needed a new tablecloth for my diningroom table and found one I really liked at Williams-Sonoma. For $170.00! Yikes! So today I made a trip to Jo-Annes and found some pretty home dec weight fabric and am making my own. I am using a non-traditional color scheme. I am using my Mom's old Franciscan Ware; it is a grape pattern with shades of green and bluish-purple on a creamy white background. I am emphasizing the green and the cream color. I bought a gorgeous blue-green pumpkin and lots of white ones and will make a centerpiece with those. My napkins are green and I bought some pretty grosgrain ribbon to tie them with and probably insert some little something under the ribbon along with a placecard.

The only thing that would make my Thanksgiving perfect is if my youngest daughter and family were going to be here. But that just got to Hawaii so that isn't happening. My oldest daughter and her family along with her in-laws and my middle daughter and her family will be here so I am thankful for that. I am sure we will have a wonderful time. And the next day? My kids are trying to talk me into going on the Day After Thanksgiving Sale. I'm not so sure.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey you and peach need to update your blogs, i dont have anything to read=(. B.