Saturday, January 26, 2008

Blogger's Block and Methane in a Can.

Help! I think I have bloggers block! Lately, I have had absolutely nothing to write that I think others would want to read. But then, I read my favorite blogs everyday and enjoy the everydayness that they sometimes blog. i know I need to post regularly-afterall, I don't want to lose my "readership". I have now had an entry with 6 comments! That's a record for me.

It's January and cold, so mostly I am just cocooning. Knitting, sewing a little, reading, that kind of thing. I've also spent a great deal of time cleaning/digging out my "studio" (sounds so much better than sewing room). It's a large room and I have it filled to the brim. Some of it isn't sewing or craft related tho. Because of its size my family has often mis-interpreted it as the junkroom/camping gear storage room/miscellanious stuff room. After Christmas it is a disaster from all my creating and it becoming the repository for all the shipping boxes that arrive during this time of year. So I've been cleaning and tossing and organizing. Guess what I found? 3 cases of baked beans! Yep. My husband brought them home (he works for a bean company in their logistics department), and not knowing what else to do with them he puts them in my sewing room. He calls it that I think because he doesn't feel as bad sticking them in a sewing room as he would if he were putting them in a studio. I won't touch a bean so he has to eat all that he doesn't give away. Global warming? Blame it on my old man and his gift of beans to all he knows. Talk about methane production!!! Stinky. Whenever we are with friends and family, at some point he steers the conversation to beans by saying, "Before you go, let me give you some samples of our new bean creations. After you try them, tell me what you think." I know what I think. I'll be glad when all those shiny cylinders of potential methane are taking up space in someone else's studio.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i want in on the juicy secret=( B.

G. B. Miller said...

Beans? Well, at least your "Blogged" something. Big Sis

Mary-Catherine said...

Beans! I know exactly which two cases you are talking about I can see them now on the fireplace hearth, he pawned a bunch of them off on Tyler and me before we moved...I think I still have some! what is she shelf life for a can of beans anyway? Daddy will be glad to know that I made some for a cookout and they were a huge hit.
I'm glad you finally blogged ...I've been checkin' for over a week now!