Friday, January 11, 2008

A conversation with a five year old.

I had one of the most enjoyable conversations I've had in a long time today. Today when Jasper, the very big very exicited dog and I went for our walk we were joined by my daughter B. and my granddaughter Hilary who is 5. If you really want to know what is important in life, talk to a 5 year old.

Surprisingly, she can walk a pace brisk enough to keep me on my toes and all the while she is walking she is talking. Telling me about her school day, about the Cheetah Girls (I'm not real clear who they are), about Morgan and Jayden and Laura and the other 20 or so kids in her kindergarten class, about the books she is learning to read. This is one kid who when you ask, "How was school today?" you are gonna hear all about it.

She got a ukulele for Chrsitmas from her Aunt Peach and Uncle U. and now she is heavy into stringed instruments, pretending it is her guitar. At one point she said she wanted to learn to play the violin. I asked her what she knew about the violin. Her answer? "Nothing, you just play it with a stick."

Yep, it was the best conversation I've had in a while.

2 comments:

G. B. Miller said...

Not at all like her mom in the 'chatter' area, is she. Great entry.

*G*

Private Loan said...

My name is Leah Brown, I'm a happy woman today? I told myself that any loan lender that could change my life and that of my family after having been scammed separately by these online loan lenders, I will refer to anyone who is looking for loan for them. It gave me and my family happiness, although at first I had a hard time trusting him because of my experiences with past loan lenders, I needed a loan of $300,000.00 to start my life everywhere as single mother with 2 children, I met this honest and God fearing online loan lender Gain Credit Loan who helped me with a $300,000.00 loan, working with a loan company Good reputation. If you are in need of a loan and you are 100% sure of paying the loan please contact (gaincreditloan1@gmail.com) You can also whatsApp them at: at +44-75967-81743 (WhatsApp Only) .. and inform them Leah Brown addressed to you ..