Sunday, January 27, 2008

Just Sunday

Sunday came in sunny, cold, and all sparkly like only sunny winter days can. The husband was working on his yearly performance review and growling about it as I stared at my laptop reading nothing in particular. Finally, I suggested bundling up, putting Jasper in the car and heading to town for a nice brisk walk followed by Starbucks and maybe some lunch. He was a tough sell but finally agreed. As usual, the sight of my big black dog, in Doggles, ears plastered to the back of his head as he road along head out the window garnered lots of finger pointing and smiling by anyone lucky enough to catch this sight. I think that is why I love his Doggles so much. They give anyone who sees him a little bright spot in their day. After arriving back home, all 3 of us found our favorite nappings spots and put them to good use for an hour or so.

This evening we watched "Dresden, the Burning" on History International. It is a movie about the bombing of Dresden, Germany during WW2. I don't know why I enjoy movies from this time period so much, because they are usually so depressing. This one, in spite of a love story in the plot, was no exception. And it was 3 hrs. long! I won't say anymore in case anyone reading hasn't seen it.

I've spent the last hr. or so reading my favorite blogs. Maybe I'm prejudiced, but I do think that Peaches and Posh is one of my favorites. Maybe it is because it is my baby daughter's blog, but I really think she does a great job of telling the day to day of a young mom/navy wife. The pictures of the little red haired baby don't hurt either. I miss them so and everytime I click on her blog and see a new post, my eyes light up and my heart does a little flip-flop, because I know I am going to get a little glimpse into their world. I think my other far-away daughter (but not as far as Hawaii) should do a blog too. I am so blessed that my oldest granddaughter is nearby and I hear about her day straight from the horse's mouth and see her lots too.

Well, the dog is sleeping, the husband is sleeping, and I am wide awake-the norm. Time for a bubble bath and maybe a few chapters in my current read.

1 comment:

G. B. Miller said...

Great entry! Made me feel very happy and snuggly. I know what you mean about the WW2 movies. I like them too, but they sure can be depressing. I'll have to remember the names of a couple we've watched recently so that you can watch them. Big Sis