Wednesday, January 16, 2008

We may get snow!!!

 

I'm so excited! We may have snow! The last good snow we had was 2 years ago. This picture was taken then. I'm glad I got pictures of it, since that is the only way I see snow around here lately.

I just love a good snow. I love the way it makes everything so quiet outside, like a blanket has been thrown over the earth muffling all sound. While it slows everything down, it energizes me and I turn into a whirling dervish of activity. I don't know whether to head for the kitchen and cook, drag out a quilt project, the knitting needles, or scrapbook supplies. Sometimes I settle for a good book, stretched out on the couch under a FINISHED quilt and a fire blazing away in the fireplace. I wish there were some way to do all of it at once...
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Mary-Catherine said...

Lucky!!! I'm sittin' around here sweatin' like a puny pig in the 86 degree heat. I'm SO tired of flip-flops...I just want to wear some boots and something furry around my neck.

Anonymous said...

That is exactly how I feel about snow - and I live in the Chicago area where it's not such a rarity! (The one time I visited Texas - San Antonio with my daughter in early Jan '97 - to visit my birthplace - they had a huge snowstorm - poor DD - she wanted to go somewhere warm!) Right now (I just checked Wunderground) the temp is -.2°. I have my 2 grandsons visiting us for a few days (Daddy had minor surgery - we thought he might recuperate better without a 4 & 6 year old around for the first couple of days). So we are cocooning - made candy from a Wilton's kit yesterday, today cookie baking & maybe soup making & pot roast for dinner!

Anonymous said...

That is a beautiful picture! We've had several inches of snow today - looks very "Christmasy". I really love your new blog!

Mommyswanson said...

Hi!!

I just wanted to let you know I stopped by & your Bog is Beautiful!!!

Laura (Magsmom)

Bebe said...

Hi!

I'm Bebe (COASTAL_GIRL128 over at the Mitford board) and I just thought I'd pop by and say "hi!" I really like your blog ~ love the lacy border look!!

That's entirely too much snow for me, although I love to see it. I've lived down on the GA coast for too long that I've gotten thin skinned! :)

I've added you to my faves and will come by to visit with you from time to time!!

Bebe :)

P.S. The picture of Jasper in his doggles gave me a chuckle!! He looks like he loves wearing them!!

Cicero Sings said...

I came to you via Mitford too.

March 14 I will have been blogging everyday for one year (minus a day or two). I'll decide if I will continue after that!

Loved Jasper's doggles. Too fun!

We've lots of snow here ... it has been a good x-country ski year!

Keep blogging. It is fun ... and comments make it even "funner".