Thursday, January 10, 2008

I bet you could smell the smoke for miles.

 

From the money that was burning a hole in my pocket that is. It was only a small sum, probably left over from Christmas, but when I found it hidden away in my wallet I was thrilled. I intended to be disciplined and save it for an emergency (of the crafty kind that is), but almost immediately after placing it in my pocket, I began to smell smoke. What to do? Spend it. Where? The yarn shop? Nah, I already have a few projects on the sticks. Fabric store? Are you kidding? I have a lifetime supply. That left The Scrapbook Supercenter. Quickly, I jumped in my car and roared down the drive-way, fanning the flames as I went.

I spent the next hour happily browsing amongs paper, die-cuts, rubberstamps, and other goodies saying to myself, "I can buy this, or this, or maybe this..." I sorta had a plan. I subscrbed to Teresa Macfayden's Winterbella E-zine and was working on a project from there. Red seemed to be the predominate color in my basket. I did find one lovely piece of green that I had to have. I also got some really, really cute chipboard buttons from Elsie. K&Co had a lovely package of Valentine-themed cutouts I had to have. I also got a souffle pen. When the ink dries, it is sort of shiny and puffy. Not real puffy, just a little. A few other bits and bobs and I was broke. As I drove home, mused over my purchases and occasionaly checked my pant's pocket for smoke. Nope, no smoke. But I need to remember next time put the money in the other pocket to avoid the hole. Or maybe something fireproof?
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Sarah and Jack said...

What a cute blog you have here!

That rosey paper is yummy stuff.