Friday, February 29, 2008

At last! I can spill the beans!

 

 

Whew! I was about to pop with the anticipation and excitement. Several weeks ago, we bought our daughter MaryCatherine, who is stationed in Hawaii with her Navy husband, a ticket home to Tennessee while her husbnad is deployed. The original intent was to keep it a secret from both her sisters but circumstances dictated I tell her big sis. We did, however manage to keep our lips sealed from the other sister.

Boy did that entail a pack of lies mostly on my part! It's rather disconcerting, but I found that I am rather good at it. I had a lie for every possible situation that might arise. After a while my only problem was remembering which lie to back up with which lie.

At last the day arrived and we picked up our peeps at the airport. Baby Isabella was expectedly a little shy around us. But she is warming to us now and will actually come to us as long as her mom is near. We had a great plan for surprisng Sis. I called her and told her I had dropped her dad off at the airport for a business trip and that I wanted her to meet me at Starbucks for coffee afterward. We got there before she did and MC and babe hid in the bathroom. When the sister arrived, I looked at ther strangely and told her she needed to go and look in the bathroom mirror as she had something on her face. When she turned the handle of the door, out walks her sister! It was such fun and so funny!

She has been here a week and is slowly learning that living with Jasper the very excited dog means NEVER leaving anything within his reach. He regards everything as a tasty morsel. We won't even go into the many instances of dog fur flying and human red hair a flaming that has occured as MC learns this. "There are no bad dogs, just poorly trained people" is what our dog trainer told us. I am inclined to agree. I know I am slowly being whipped into shape by this dog. Hee hee, I think my MC is a slow learner.

Here's to several week's (hopefully) of enjoying MC and Isabella!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

G. B. Miller said...

I bet there's not been a dull moment since they landed. Sure hope I get to that sweet dumpling...and Mary too. tee hee...Aunt *G*

Anonymous said...

y'all really had one on me! B.