Monday, February 11, 2008

I got a new car!!!!

Boy she's a beauty! Long, sleek lines, energy efficient, and a nice little flourish at the end. Hee, hee, hee! It's a new, big "A" broom.

Saturday, the husband and I were out doing our weekend grab a Starbucks and go to Lowe's thing. We had looked at all the pretty stuff when we turned down the cleaning aisle. As I stared at all the various methods the 21st century offers for cleaning floors, H picks up the biggest broom I've ever seen and asks, "Wanna new car? See how she drives."

I don't think he will get a Valentine...

To add insult to injury, I managed to run over my foot with my new broom/car today. I was rummaging about in my cleaning closet(a place I'm not overly familiar with)looking for toilet paper when I somehow knocked the big "A" broom from her perch high above my head. The thing came falling straight down at a high rate of speed and landed with a thud! on my slippered foot. The blunt end hit where my 4th toe's 1st joint is. Oh boy! It hurt! I was sure it was broken. It's not, but the bruise now occupies most of my toes and is heading for the bottom of my foot.

Like I said, I don't think H will be getting a Valentine.

P.S.
On another note, I just ate COLD brussels sprouts and thought they were good....Can you tell I am on a diet! To paraphrase Totie Fields. "I've been on this diet for 3 weeks and so far all I've lost is 3 weeks."

1 comment:

G. B. Miller said...

Totie Fields?!?!? Totie Fields?!?!! OMG!! I had forgotten all about her. And can't believe - at your YOUNG age - that you even know who she is.

Your dear hubby is really into those big 'A' appliances, isn't he? hmmm...I agree no Valentine for him.

As for the brussel sprouts...yeah, that's pretty pathetic. But stick it with it!!