Monday, February 11, 2008

Valentines!

 

Tonight I finished up my girls' valnetines and wrapped them in cellophane and ribbon. Can you tell what they are? I hope not-that would ruin their surprise because they check here everyday. I am pretty pleased with them. I never finish a project with thinking there is room for improvement tho. I got the idea off of Theresa McFayden's Winterbella e-zine. I made one for me and then decided it would make a good vanlentine gift for my girls. Always thinkin' about my girls.

In other craft news, I have challenged myself to make 10 cards from the February Paper Crafts mag. I am always buying these things, perusing them, seeing things I like and then putting them ona shelf somewhere. And then, of course, I am always buying paper, and die-cuts, aand stamps, and fiber, and well, you get the idea. I bet you do it too. So, before Ican buy anything else, I must make the 10 cards with materials already on hand. I've made 6 so far! I am so happy!

Oh, the buying new stuff rule for this excercise doesn't include my 50 bux worth of "Doodle Dollars" I have waitingt to spend at Scrapdoodles in Fredericksburg, VA that I received for Christmas from my daughter Kelli. We are heading that way this coming weekend and I can't wait to go to that store. It is a really good one.

In other papercraft news, I am loving the paper pack I bought at Hobby Lobby from Cosmic Cricket. It's called "Dutch Girl" and it is so pretty. Lots of vintagey grayish blueish aqua and punches of red and a yellow color. I am using a lot of it in my 10 card challenge.

That's all folks!

1 comment:

G. B. Miller said...

Great challenge. I should do that..or something similar. I bought 24 sheets of paper Saturday and new stamps. I really need to come up with a challenge myself. But probably won't.

Looking forward to hearing about those Valentines, once they are revealed. Big Sis