Wednesday, February 13, 2008

My ten card challenge (and crafty Jasper)

 

 

Well, it continues to snow, although lightly. The ridge across from my house is overgrown with Ivy and it looks as though someone took the sugar shaker and gave it a nice dusting. I am enjoying a hot Chai latte and piddling about on the computer.

I mentioned that I had challenged myself to make 10 cards out of the Feb. Paper Crafts mag without buying anything new becasue that is all I do, buy the stuff and look at it. Well, I am quite pleased to report that I have done just that. My card box is full of lots of nice cards. Some I left without a greeting so I can put whatever is needed when I send it. I even got my niece's wedding shower card made. I bet her mom is going to try and figure out which one it is when she reads this! If anyone is counting, you'll only count 9 cards because the little red one in the foreground is one of two. Those are for my two youngest little sweethearts. They are so close together in age, I tend to do most things for them just alike. Soo that lovely cherry fabric in the background? I loved it so much that I bought the entire bolt! Yeah, I stockpile fabric just like I do paper. But with 3 granddaughters I envision lovely little spring frocks all alike and with the leftovers some sweet little cushions for my porch swing and rockers.

That Jasper! While I was working away setting up my card display, he managed to get a roll of tape to snack on. By the time I realized what he was up to, the tape was history. I have been told that Labs will eat anything. I believe it. A local D.J. has a Lab and he ate his owner's $1500 SuperBowl tickets! Quite frankly, I think anyone foolish enough to spend that kind of money on a football ticket, deserves to have them eaten. Think how much fabric and paper that would buy!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

G. B. Miller said...

I'm going to have to get out my PC mag and see which of the ones you picked out. They all look fabulous! I'll be looking forward to seeing Robin's in person.

Those girls are going to look darling in look alike cherry frocks.

Jasper! Well, what can you say?? I'm sure you can't ban him from the craft room, 'cause then you would be wondering what he was up to somewhere else.

Big Sis

Mary-Catherine said...

maybe you should have used the tape to tape his "beak" shut...well, then he would just paw it off...he's a lost cause!

Bebe said...

Hi Lovie,

Looks like ole Jasper got himself into a sticky situation! I got a giggle out of your talking about the guy who's dog ate the Super Bowl tickets ~ you think he would keep ahold of something he paid that kind of money for and not let the dog get it!!

All the cards look wonderful! I hope you had a nice Valentine's yesterday!!

(((Hugs))),
Bebe :)

Bebe said...

Hi again ~

2 comments from me in 2 days ~ LOL!
You've been tagged to talk about a book, so come on over to my blog and read today's (Saturday) post for the rules.

Hugs,
Bebe :)