Friday, February 29, 2008

Busy, busy, busy.

Well, in between refereeing the battles between my daughter and my dog, I have managed to get a little crafting done. I have finished the knitting on Hilary's felted clogs and just need to felt them. I am waiting for a time when she is here so that I can be sure to fit them correctly.

In the papercrafting department, I have made a few more cards. I would love to get all my bday cards to friends and fambly made and stored away so that I can acknowledge yearly milestones in a timely fashion.

Yesterday, at the quilt shop where I work I bought everything to make a really cute and quick quilt. It is made entirely of charm squares and jellyrolls. Once I piece the top, I am going to cut into squares and quilt those to make pillows for my porch swing and rockers. I also plan to paint those as soon as the weather warms up a little. We have had lovely 100% wool at the shop for $19.99 a yard and it was not selling so yesterday the owner marked it down to $4.oo a yard. Guess which employee scored yards and yards of that???? I have no idea what I will do with it, but that's not the point is it?

The Sassy Apron Swap: I signed up over at My Byrd House for an apron swap. The theme was Spring. You had to make an apron with a Spring theme. It had to have a pocket and you were supposed to include a recipe. I got mine in the mail by the deadline and am now waiting to receive my apron from my swap partner. Can't wait.

Late today I took MC and Isabella to Knoxville to visit her husband's family. I spent a few precious hours looking at everything in Jo-Anne's fabrics. I really didn't buy much, just some lovely pink and green fabric to recover the seat in the little sette I found at the thrift shop in Orange, VA. Oh, and some yarn. Almost always yarn. Later we met the Husband at a great restaurant for dinner. I had scallops with polenta. Oh boy! So good! And for dessert the 3 of us shared a cannoli. So, obiviously, all the projectc I have listed that I am working on to the right of this post are going along great-except maybe for the diet. Actually, I am doing o.k. with it. NOt spectacular, but o.k.

No comments: