Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas

was, as always, a happy, joy-filled, food-filled day. As always on Christmas Eve, someone read The Night Before Christmas. Being a new reader, Hilary was anxious to help read ,which was so sweet. Sophia was content to sit and listen.

Christmas morning was full of fun as we all opened our gifts. Hilary would open a gift and put it in her stash and go for the next one. Sophia was happy playng with the first gift opened for her and would have played happily with just the one. Maybe that is a lesson for the rest of us?

After a breakfast of baked french toast and candied bacon, we all sort of settled in for the day some electing for naps.

3 days after the Big Day and everyone here is sick of holiday food, and the decorations are just of a rude reminder of all the work to be done getting them all down. Oh well.

Immediately after the holidays, I get in this major cleaning mode and want to clean and re-paint everything in my sight. I have lots of cleaning projects on my list and some fun decorating ones too.

I have this idea to cover the barrel style lampshade on an antique floor lamp in my living room in cream colored feather boas. I think I cut them where they are joined together and then pin/glue them all arond the shade to cover it. I think it will look fantastic. I already love using different colors of boas on a favorite pair of candle sticks so a lampshde isn't such a far stretch I think. I'll take pictures.

Since we did not have internet service a great part of December due to a faulty sattelite (which is still not quite right), I didn't reach my goal of blogging everyday in December. I am going to try again in January!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone!

3 comments:

Shine said...

Sounds like your Christmas was every bit as special as mine. Aren't we so blessed? Can't wait to see those lamps!

Anonymous said...

heyyyy we should hit the hobby lobby this week..you want to?? B

Anonymous said...

call me if you do. I'll be here thru Frday.
Kelli