Wednesday, December 3, 2008

No more singing out loud while home alone

well, maybe.

As my family can attest, I LOVE to sing. I know a line or two from oodles of songs and can belt one out for just about any situation.

Yesterday, I had the Christmas music going and I was singing along at full volume in my best off-key warble. Actually, my off-key warble is the best I've got, but it doesn't stop me.

Anyway, I was giving it my all as I walked back and forth through the house tidying up. From front of the house to back I went, Jasper following me barking away. What we must have sounded like! i just thought that Jasper was joining in the fun, when suddenly, I heard someone knocking on my door. I was instantly silenced as the person knocked again. There is no way they couldn't have heard my music making. I was so mortified that I couldn't answer the door. I finally managed to peek out the window and saw a woman walking down my driveway back to her car, which had its hood up. I felt really bad about not helping her, but my embarrasment overcame any altruistic feelings I had.

It felt kinda strange around the house today as I went about my daily chores quite as a mouse. I'm not sure how much longer I can hold to my new vow of silence.

2 comments:

Mary-Catherine said...

lol! Oh mom...

Maybe she was a Mitford fan and just thought you were another Miss Rose!

G. B. Miller said...

Oh, that poor lady!! No help in her distress and she was a victim of your warbling. :{