Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Does anyone else feel like they

need to de-tox? Whew! I am more than stuffed. I feel like I could explode. I am so weary of all the holiday foods. If I see another sausage ball or Christmas cookiie I will turn green.

When my daughter was here she kept talking about doing a de-tox. I teased her about it, but I have to admit that it sounds pretty good right now.In a perfect world, I would go through a good herbal "cleansing" and arrive on the other side about 5 pounds lighter and committed to a nearly vegetarian diet. But it's not a perfect world and I don't see that happening. When I see my doctor in March I am supposed to be 15 pounds lighter. That's 5 lbs. a month! Yikes! I see a cancelation in my future... I once read a cartoon that said, "I like to make appointments so that when I want to feel in control of my life I can call and cancel." Yeah that's me with this 15 pound thing.

2 comments:

Shine said...

Yep, that's me! Only 15 sounds pretty good though, I've got a bit more than that to go....Well, I'm gonna try anyhow. Your quote was really funny...sounds like a plan to me! Call me sometime and let me know MC's pw. I miss her sweet little spot, also have a knitting question for ya...I think I'm ready to go for a sweater!

Anonymous said...

hey mom i like your spot on inspire co.! Thats pretty cool.