Monday, December 8, 2008

looky here!

 

 

What a village of sugared up glittered up houses! I wish my pix weren't such poor quality and that I could have gotten a picture of the entire set-up but you get the idea. I just love the little house in the close-up. When my daughter and I visited my sweet friend Amy Powers of InspireCo she taught us how she makes her little houses for her line of houses she calls Sugarville. We had so much fun! Amy had snacks (love that St. Andre Triple Creme Brie-I ate most of it), and manner of crafty cutesy thing ready and waiting for us. We spent a couple of happy hours painting, glueing and glittering our little houses. If you look closely at my little house, you will see a cute little guy painted by Amy herself. I think he is wanting in that little house and I don't blame him.

Speaking of houses; oh buddy is Amy's cute! It's just like her. Warm, cute, welcoming, and happy. Every corner is a feast for the eyes. Ever so often my daughter or I would stop what we were doing and go and look at some other little corner that had just caught our eye. No doubt about it, Amy knows how to make a house a home.

After I returned home, I was inspired to make another house or two for my little glittery village to go with the few I already had. I think I will add to it every year. maybe Amy would be honorary mayor?
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

G. B. Miller said...

Love these! I wanna make some!! What did you use for the base - store bought chip board type houses???? Inquiring minds wanna know. Call me or email and let me know. :)

Shine said...

These little houses and your little village are so adorable! Every nook and cranny in your house is refreshingly unique.We had such a good time last night! Even Tony really enjoyed himself. Looking forward to getting together again in the future...anxious to see what we can come up with to work on!