Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Every week when I shop for groceries, I nearly always grab myself a bouquet of some sort. I love flowers in the house year round. I grow my own in the Summer but Winter time I treat myself. When I stopped at the store last week, they had bouquets of 20 roses that were just a little past their prime for $5.00! Of course I grabbed some. I have a tray on my coffee table that contains this little tableu of things that make me happy.

Last night grandprincess Hilary spent the night with us. We took her out to dinner which meant Chinese food because that is her favorite. After finishing our meal, we were reading our fortune cookies aloud to each other. The MOTH's said, "You will soon be top of the world." Hilary's ears perked up and she said, "I'm coming with you Grand daddy!" I just love that. If you know of someone in your life soon to be on top of the world, be sure you go with them. It should be the trip of a lifetime.

Another "Hilarity" Today while driving through town, Hilary spotted a "for sale" sign on an empty lot that has a huge old tree growing all alone near the sidewalk. Hilary, puzzled, asked her grandfather, "what are they selling, Granddaddy?' When he told her the land, she was even more puzzled and asked, "How do you tkae the land with you, and does the tree come with it?"
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Mary-Catherine said...

She's a cute one. Hehehe...nice vase...one of the ones I bought at Old Time Pottery while I was home. Very purty.

G. B. Miller said...

Love the "past prime" roses...gives them that "shabby chic" look

It's been a very long time since I've heard any "Hilarities". Those were both great ones.

Kelly said...

LOVE the Roses.. they are "Beautimus"!!!

Please stop by my blog when you have a moment... There is an award for you there...

Have A Beautful Day!!
~Kelly Maria

aspiritofsimplicity said...

To cute!

Kelly said...

Here is my "version" on how to get graphics like the award graphic. Go to my blog, Right click your mouse on the award graphic- a little menu should pop up-click on Save Picture As.. that SHOULD go into whatever file is on your computer that stores your photos, etc... On my computer it is "MY PICTURES". Then from there upload your photo/graphic as you would on your other blog entries.
---- Or you can upload your graphic onto Photobucket.com if you use that and then get the HTML code off that and place that in the html section of your blog.

As for the quote about the award.. very simple. Highlight the quote with your mouse then right click. Little menu pops up, click COPY.
Start your blog entry and right click - click Paste, and the quote should appear.

Hope I explained this okay.. Let me know????
Beautiful Monday Blessings to ya!!

Kara Ward said...

The roses just make my winter day seem better. Thanks for sharing the beauty. Kara