Sunday, January 4, 2009

not the best picture,




but here is a shot of the gorgeous glass heart I found yesterday at TJMax. Only 7 bucks. It was the only one. I wish I had 3 more. Yep, that's me ol Greedy Greedystein. Give me something and I want more! But who can blame me? This thing is so pretty. It's about 12" from top to bottom.


I also wanted to show you what I made last night. Homemade beeswax tealight candles! i made 20 or so and tonight have used two of them. Aren't they cute? I don't know why, but I am and always have been attracted to anything that was all natural, herby, or organic. I think I have a crunchy gene. But then again,, I AM a child of the 70's, so maybe it's inevitable.
I happened to have 10 lbs. of raw beeswax lying around the house (what? you don't? And just why not?) and had seen these little sweeties selling at $10.00 for a mere dozen. So like any crunchy middle-aged woman worth her beeswax, er, I mean salt, I made my own. Being a do-it-yourselfer from way back, I even saved all the little tin cups and wick tabs from a bag of cheap paraffin tealights. I had to use a rather fat braided cotton wick, because the thin kind in most tealights wasn't right for the beeswax. I found this out through trial and error. I let them set up for 24 hrs before using and they work like a charm in my aromatherapy scent diffuser. My house is diffused with the scent f lavendar and sandlewood and just a hint of honey. My kids say it smells like I am trying to cover up the scent of a certain "plant material' very popular in the 70's but I promise it's not.
In case you are wondering why I have so much raw beeswax just lying around my house, well, that's another story for another day. Maybe tomorrow?

5 comments:

G. B. Miller said...

Far out!!

(In case you don't remember, that's 70s slang for "cool!".)

Mary-Catherine said...

tubular! wait...that's the 80's.

That's so funny that you would be posting about beeswax...I have been in the mood to make my own beeswax candles ALL week! where did you order your beeswax from?

Anonymous said...

mind your own beeswax! heh heh

Kelli

G. B. Miller said...

don'tcha just love it when your family hijacks your comments section =)

Mary-Catherine said...

Hee-hee! it's 'cause we luv ya.