Tuesday, January 6, 2009

lampshade re-do

This is the lampshade I wanted to cover with feather boas. When I went to purchase the number I needed the store let me down. They only had one in this gold color I wanted. I already had two at home and knew one more wouldn't do it, so I didn't buy it. I decided to just do the bottom but now that I look at it, I think that is enough anyway. Although maybe at the top too? Not sure. I am also mulling over maybe some type of bead fringe at the bottom.

I have the livingroom all aglow tonight with a fire in the fireplace and candles everywhere. Our weather for the last few days has been rainy, rainy, rainy, 'and gloomy. I don't mind the gloom because it makes everything so cozy feeling inside. But man, I wish this rain was snow! I would love to have a big snow. At least when you have all the gloom with the snow you end up with a beautiful landscape with everything covered in that quiet white silence that snow magically brings. With rain all you get is brown, oozy, slimy, nasty mud.

I wish I could be all whiny about the diet that I am on, but unfortunately I can't. It's not anyone special diet. I am just counting calories and fat grams and watching portion size. I am allowed an adequate amount of all of these everyday. I did, however, arm myself with a couple of really good, "healthy lifestyle" type cookbooks and I have to say, so far the eating has been good. The only thing to whine about is having to get on the %&#/ treadmill everyday. Hate it.

Jasper news: he does not like thunder. No surprise there I guess. But it was funny the way he discovered it. As mentioned above, it has rained all day. Mostly just a steady downpour all day and all night. Suddenly late today though there was one very bright flash of lightening followed by a very loud, very long, window rattling clap of thunder. Jasper, resting quietly at my feet jumped straight up in the air and rushed to every door giving them all his very angry dog bark. Eh, eh.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

jamiely78 said...

The lamp shade looks great. Some feathers at the top would look nice also.

Mary-Catherine said...

Love the shade! I'm going to have to copy-cat you, mom.

Kelly said...

Love your last 2 post. The shade is too cute, love the tea candles.... and poor puppy Jasper!! At least he gave that mean old thunder a piece o fhis mind, or would that be piece of his bark??? My little critters always look for little places to hide till the storms are over... They are to chicken to even bark.

I went over to InspireCo. Loved it!! The article about you is wonderful!!!I was in awe. Now I want a pair of Mu-Mu's!! You really are one talented lady!! The story of the Gingerbread houses is awesome,and very inspiring.

Hope you and yours have a very blessed week!!
~Kelly Maria

Anonymous said...

love that lamp I think I am going to do that! Last time Jasper stayed with us and it was thundering he was in my lamp so fast! B.

G. B. Miller said...

I like the lamp the way it is...just one boa.

I'm sure Jasper was giving that ol' thunder a peace of his mind because he thought it might be disturbing his rescuer/protector/ladyship. =)

Hope you get your snow.