Sunday, January 11, 2009

Not a lot going on around here

that is really blog-worthy. We had a pretty quiet weekend. Spent Saturday in Knoxville. The MOTH received a wine making kit from me for Christmas, so we headed to the city to get some of the supplies not provided in the kit. He is hard to shop for so every year I really use the old brain cells trying to come up with something he will enjoy. I think this is the first year I have ever given him anything that he really likes. Last year's metal detector was only used a couple of times, which was a little disappointing becasue he had always said he wanted one. But this wine making thing seems to have caught his interest. Can't wait to taste the results!

Today was low-key too. Went to do a little shopping at Wally World and just as we walked in the door from that errard, the phone rang. It was our daughter B asking us to meet them for dinner. How can you refuse that? Especially since with daughter B comes the grandprincess Hilary too? Can never see too much of her.

I need to be really productive this coming week. Grandson Max is due in 3 weeks and I am just now starting on his quilt! Yikes but I better make that sewing machine smoke! It (the quilt) is goiong to have a scotty dog theme and done in blue, red, white and black. Really cute and I think relatively quick to make. It is going to be so fun to have another newborn to cuddle and smell little sweet baby smells again.

2 comments:

G. B. Miller said...

For not a lot going on, you sound busy enough. :)

Pamela said...

Hi found you by way of Inspiredideas. When I saw that you have been to Knoxville I had to leave a comment since I am from there and miss it terribly, my hubby and I are in VA now. I love the quilt you are making, I have always want to learn how!