Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Yippee, Skippee I got snow!


Oh yes! Finally some snow! It was a huge one, but there was enough to glitter up the landscape and slow things down just a bit. I have had a cruddy, cruddy cold and was so stopped up and not so great feeling, but I thought some fresh air might do me some good. Besides, I am like a 6 year old when it comes to the white stuff. You have to hog tie me to keep me out of it. In fact, a few years ago, a day in the snow landed me in the hospital and when I left I was sporting a mega cast to my thigh which was my constant companion for the next several months. But if I had had a sled yesterday I would have been out there all alone with my dog yipping and yelling like a 50 year old kid. Well, maybe not, because I did feel awful, but the air did make me feel better for a while so I walked around and took some pictures of all the ordinary things I see everyday that look so pretty with their sparkling new cover. Even looking at the pictures, I can feel the quite that snow brings to everything.

Jasper of course, was beside himself with excitement and played and chased a toy like a crazy man. In the picture, he is running so fast that his normally very curled tail is straight out. You can also tell he is a boy (eh, eh maybe they should make some kind of sports underwear for the active dog) He would purposely bury his toy just so he could put his face deep into the snow and come up with a white snuffle . I wish I could say that I am content now that I have had a little winter weather, but alas and alack! (love that phrase) . It just left me wanting more. Besides, I didn't get the full benefit of this one
since I was under the weather. Nope, the next time, I just might take myself a little slide down the hill on the sled.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Kelly said...

Gosh Golly, You are so lucky. We have not had any SNOW at all!!! Just cold temps!! Would love to play in the snow too!! That is the ONLY part of winter I like ... snow.... One year when we had it.. I made a snow bear, not a snow man. He turned out so cute.. Would love to do that again!!

Jasper looks like he was having the time of his life!!

Pray a litle snow blows this way!!
Hope you had a wonderful snow day!!
~Kelly Maria

Anonymous said...

please don't go sledding....B.

Mary-Catherine said...

haha! doggy drawers...maybe you should invent them! Cute, cute, cute! I'm jealous!

G. B. Miller said...

I'm really happy you finally got your snow. However, I think I will join the rest of your family in a prayer for "not enough snow for sledding". :?

Shine said...

sorry you,ve got a cold, but yep...the snow was beautiful! I love MC's comment...doggy drawers!
That's pretty funny!

Anonymous said...

NO SLEDDING!!!

Moth